Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone has a long weekend like me and has the day off (and if not I’m honestly really sorry).
1. Friday night PartyDog and I went to my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world: XOCO. If you live in Chicago and have not been here, Rick Bayless and I are disowning you as a friend. People, I dream of this food. We don’t go there that often though because the line is normally out the door and I eat so much I feel really sick after. Every time we go, PartyDog asks right before we eat: “you ready to feel sick?” I can’t control myself around this food, pulled pork, chips and guac, adobe chicken. I could die a happy woman.
2. We have been to the movie theater twice in the past two days. First we saw Dark Shadows which was pretty bad, and yesterday we saw Men in Black 3 which we actually really liked. The only thing I’m mad about is they didn’t play the Men in Black theme song!! HOW COULD THEY NOT PLAY THAT? I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear it and it never came, not even during the credits. That just meant I had to come home and watch the YouTube video of it on repeat for an hour. PartyDog loved it.
3. Speaking of Will Smith, since he’s been everywhere with MIB3 out, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time watching his old music videos and singing the songs nonstop. When I’m not singing Men in Black, I’ve been singing and dancing to Get Jiggy With it. Now that is good stuff. And now you will have that song in your head all day too so I’m not alone singing this.
4. I’m one of those people who has really bad allergies. I even have to take allergy medicine all throughout the winter because I just can’t survive if I don’t. Thankfully warmer weather also means worse allergies and nothing I take ever helps at this point. The best part? I’ve waken up with a bloody nose almost every morning for the past week. It’s really great and attractive.
5. Anytime there is a Yoga Groupon, I buy it. Right now I have two Groupons for two different studios for 10 classes at each. I bought the first one in September of 2011 and still have 8 classes left and the second in March and still have 9 classes left. In case I forgot to tell you, I am quite possibly the worst person at yoga ever. I can honestly say that at every class the teacher spends 97% of her time fixing my poses. And for some reason my mind seems to race with thoughts each and every time I go, how much laundry do I have to do, what is Max doing right now, why is everyone else so much better at this than me, I hope someone awkward pose farts, if someone awkward pose farts will I get kicked out of class for laughing uncontrollably?
6. Finally, it’s time to announce the CalNaturale wine winner!
#42: by Jamie on May 24, 2012 at 7:51 am: I am a white wine girl!
Because there were a few Jamie’s who entered, I’ll e-mail you for your information to avoid confusion!
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
Any Memorial Day plans??