Archive for August, 2012
Friday, August 31st, 2012
Happy Friday to you! Doesn’t that feel good? Just to know it’s Friday? Last night was so close to Friday I had some skinny margaritas (that were actually good!) with Linds.
(If you would like me to do some professional photo-shopping for you, let me know-as you can see I’m really good at it.)
Let’s get to some Friday Searches!
- A guy at my gym stretches longer that he runs on treadmill (Do you go to my gym too?)
- His and her friendship necklaces (I’m still mad at PartyDog for not wanting to wear friendship necklaces with me.)
- Photo of boby builder peeing in there pants (Uh, that’s really specific…)
- Socks after running (Are pretty disgusting.)
- Voluptuous bodies (Lots of that going on RSF… I get called voluptuous all the time.)
- Why do I have extra bone in ankle? (Do we have the same parents?)
- Ryan lochte jeah jeah jeah high fiving cardboard
Obviously since people are searching for my favorite gif of all time, I need to post it.
Seriously, will that ever get old? Doubt it. Gets me each and every time.
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
Tell me your labor day plans so I can get jealous that I’m not invited to hang out with you!
Wednesday, August 29th, 2012
Remember this post where I peed myself over the excitement of being chosen to be a FitFluential ambassador? Well on Sunday I officially resigned from being an ambassador.
Now I don’t want you to get the wrong impression and think that I have anything against FitFluential. I don’t. It just honestly wasn’t for me.
Yes I try to promote a healthyish life-style. I workout, eat healthy and love being apart of the healthy living community. However, I don’t like feeling like I have to blog a certain way or suck-up to bigger bloggers. When did blogging become a popularity contest? I’m me and that’s all I want to be (and probably the reason why I’m not in the cool kids club…).
I like to drink wine, eat white bread and I don’t #eatclean all of the time. I also like to do whatever I want and blog about whatever I want, it’s my blog after all.
So, I wish FitFluential the best of luck and much success, but we have parted ways.
Don’t worry, I’ll continue to be classy as always. Probably even classier from here on out.
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
What are your thoughts on bloggers being ambassadors for companies and/or products?
Friday, August 24th, 2012
It’s Friday yo! Typically I have about 200-250 searches to browse through on Google Analytics but this week I only had 90. I broke out into a sweat, crossed my fingers and dove right in. Someone must be watching out for me up there in the sky because this was a pretty good week despite the low number of searches.
- “I went running” sweat (I don’t even know what this means…)
- Ankle farts (Well that is certainly new to me.)
- Do you see it creepy pictures (???)
- Freak feast 2012 (Whatever this is, I do NOT want to attend.)
- Funny calf muscle (Is there such a thing?)
- Matt Bomer teeth (What’s wrong with his teeth?)
- Photos funny legs massage (Seriously, what is so funny about legs this week?)
- Run cheurice run (Who is Cheurice??)
- Why do i hate myself (I certainly don’t have the answer for that.)
- Why do people hate ellipticals (Because they aren’t treadmills.)
Pretty good week no? Honestly, who is Cheurice?! I Google searched that one and nothing popped up. Mystery indeed.
Since it’s Friday and since we all probably should look at Mott Bomer’s teeth since technically I always put a picture with one of the searches, I’ll leave you with the beautifully handsome Matt Bomer and his fabulous teeth.
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
What fun crap are you up to this weekend?!
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012
One of the many things I love about blogging is being apart of a community. (<-YES I said that, get over it.) For me personally blogging has really helped me to connect with other people and make friends. Moving halfway across the country to a city where you know virtually no one is pretty difficult. Thankfully when my stupid self decided to start this blog I was able to connect with some local bloggers who have become close friends. I was adding a link to my blogroll the other day and thought it might be fun to tell you exactly why I love these particular bloggers. I read about 239022 blogs but the ones I post on the blogroll are my absolute favorite because these peeps are my friends (they might not know that…) and they each have a different purpose.
1. Capitol Romance - Blogger I want to follow around all day everyday.
I’m not at all into weddings. I am not one of those girls who has been dreaming of her wedding day since her childhood. When my best friend got married I was in shock of the amount of work and planning that goes into a 3-4 hour event. This blog however is all about weddings-the coolest ones that is. The blogger herself Bree is so super fab and her blog features unique, DIY D.C. weddings. I have spent hours going through post to post just looking at other people’s weddings. Bree’s blog is so fun, I just want to be her shadow all the time.
2. CatasTrophy Wife- Blogger I’m a little scared of and obsessed with.
It’s obvious if you read my blog that I am obsessed with CW. She is my all time favorite blogger and never fails to crack me up. If you have some time to kill and are in a bad mood, spend some time reading her blog you will be cracking up in no time.
3. Closet Cooking- Blogger I would like to kidnap and order around to cook me food.
I want everything that ever appears on this blog. I don’t eat red meat but when Kevin posts something with beef in it, I want it. He posts bacon- I instantly want it and I hate the taste of bacon. Everything looks so delish.
4. Eats Well With Others- Blogger that I already consider to be my BFF that loves being my personal chef.
Joanne, my how I love Joanne. She’s witty, cute and smart all wrapped into one perfect little blogger. Her food is healthy and delicious (I make her recipes all the time!) and each blog post is like a short story.
5. How Sweet It Is- Blogger that is trying to make me fat.
I know most of you have visited this site but does every recipe not look mouth watering? Seriously, I want all her food even if it would make be gain 23029 pounds.
6. i heart chocolate milk- Blogger that cooks all the food I crave.
This is a new find for me. I pinned a recipe of hers a while back and made it recently and LOVED it. I have made it at least once a week since.
7. Once Upon a Lime- Blogger I am secretly madly in love with.
I am so in love with Sarah it’s not even funny. No other blogger is as sassy, badass and honest as her. I promise you, if Sarah lived near me I would bribe/scare her into being my best friend forever and ever and ever.
8. run Gingerfoxxx run- Blogger that makes whining funny.
Sara is awesome in real life AND an awesome blogger. This girl can whine and bitch with the best of them but she makes it so so so funny. Her first world problems are the highlight of each and every Wednesday for me.
9. RunnerNurse- Blogger I want to sit next to and cheat off during an exam.
Kim is so smart it’s insane. She’s in nursing school and writes about all sorts of stuff in idiot terms for people like me. Obviously you’re never going to learn anything from my blog so head over to hers so you feel like you’re reading something significant.
10. Running off the Reese’s- Blogger I want to party with.
Does Cely not seem like the funnest person ever? She is SO funny and so down for anything I want to hang out with her every Friday night.
11. Running the Windy City- Blogger who inspires me on a daily basis.
Lindsay is constantly either training for a triathlon, marathon or for the BIG daddy marathon of them all -Boston. She’s so inspiring that when I read her blog posts everyday I feel like I need to refuel just from reading about her runs or workouts.
12. SkinnyRunner- Blogger I want to be my personal coach.
SkinnyRunner is so good at running it’s scary. I want her to be my personal coach for each and every run. That’s not asking too much is it?
12. Hungry Runner Girl- Blogger I want to BE.
Is there anyone out there who doesn’t want to be Janae? She is so cute and perfect I just want to get plastic surgery to look just like her, lock her in a closet and take place in her life. Why can’t I do that?!
So there you have it, those are my 12 favorite blogs. I of course love and read a ton more blogs that are super awesome (check out some awesome local Chicago bloggers HERE!) but these just happen to be my favorite. That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
Who is your favorite blogger??