Remember all those crazy resolutions I declared I would be working towards this year? Since it’s a new month, it’s time to revisit them and see how well (or terrible!) I’m doing thus far.
1. Be less cluttery- I started off with a BANG! I was SO motivated to get my apartment in order. Until I realized how much work it would be…. I did organize a shelf that was really terrible looking but that’s it. My close still looks like this (actually it looks worse now). AND I did actually make it to The Container Store…but I only lasted 7 minutes inside before having a panic attack and leaving.
2. Be more adventurous in the kitchen. I’ve been a little better at this! I made a few new dishes but nothing really out of my comfort zone. Gotta work on this one too.
3. Try more fitness classes. Nothing yet!
4. Volunteer at least 1x/month. While I may not have volunteered last month, I reached out to a couple organizations. I have a volunteer orientation/training scheduled for February 23 and am waiting to hear back from a few more places. Score!
5. Continue to build relationships. I’ve seen my friends a lot this month which has been SO great. I am going to rock this goal…
6. Blog more book reviews. I’ve been doing pretty good with finishing a book and writing the review within the same week. Another score!
7. Explore Chicago more. PartyDog and I did try one new restaurant this month! Although I’m not sure if it counts? Nordstrom Cafe is so close and pretty good. And we now go there every weekend. I need these polenta croutons…
8. Stop buying new books and read the ones I own. So far so good! Except I read a book I borrowed from Lindsay instead of reading one of my own so that knocks off a point for me.
9. Unplug more often. Now I thought about doing this every weekend but….I decided ‘oh I’ll just do it next weekend” which of course means it never happened. I’m determined to unplug in Feb!
10. Travel to 1 new place. Not yet!
11. Do something completely foreign/crazy to me. Erin’s birthday party actually covered this one! Me, painting? Who knew I was such the artist??
12. Date PartyDog more often. PartyDog and I did go on one spontaneous date this month! I decided to skip the gym and we went out for tacos and margaritas on a Thursday evening. It was super fun and I can’t wait to do it more often!
13. Try to appreciate my body more. Still working on this one. Does appreciating my eyebrows count?
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
How are your resolutions going?