1. JT came to spend the weekend with me! He was in town for a conference so he decided to stay the weekend and hang out with his favorite daughter. We had so much fun! The most fun part was exploring his hotel…he was staying at the Congress Plaza Hotel which is known for being haunted. Naturally that meant we had to sneak around at night and go in doors we weren’t supposed to (that weren’t even locked). How creepy is this hallway we found?
2. On Saturday we went to the Randolph Street Market and spent a good 4+ hours there. My dad and I used to love to go browse the antique stores when I was little so this was a perfect activity for us. PartyDog was bored after about 16 minutes but he was a trooper and didn’t break up with me even after I spent 45 minutes trying to convince a vendor to sell me one chair that was in a set of four. (Sadly I did not purchase it, which I’m still depressed about.) To my surprise however, after we got back from dropping JT off at the airport to fly home, I found a little prezzie from him! A ring I had been drooling over the entire time we were there! Thanks JT!
I think I love it so much because it reminds of a horcrux from Harry Potter.
3. Before I move on from JT, check out this fabulous picture we took together:
Let’s take a closer look shall we?
I wish creeper were in all my pictures. I love it. So much.
4. I got a lot of hair chopped off:
Anyone else feel as weird about that picture as I do?
5. I’ve become obsessed with making jorts every since Loop Looks taught me how. So many of my jeans and capris have been turned into jorts…
The best part is they don’t ride up like most jean shorts do. It’s about the only DIY project I’m capable of doing.
6. I went to one of my favorite used book stores (Open Books) the other day to get our latest book club book. My intentions were just to get that one book but….2.5 hours later I walked out with this handful (plus a book not pictured for a friend’s birthday!):
7. We are still in the midst of redecorating our apartment. Still missing: accent chair, coffee table and most importantly, an end table. I got so annoyed yesterday that I didn’t have a place to put my tea that I made an interim beautiful end table with my own two hands:
At least it now justifies having so many books.
8. FRIDAY I WILL BE REUNITED WITH MY TWO LOVES!
That’s all the nonsense I have for now!
Tell me something going on with you!